Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday Brunch Downtown



Quick Interjection :: I wrote this whole little post about clothes and this and that -- but you know what? It's not really about the clothes. It's about color. The color you bring around with you all day, wherever you go.

Back to our regularly-scheduled post:


Actually, I love all these pieces. This is the kind of well-oiled ensemble that I really get into (you know what I mean -- it works and wow).

I have acquired quite an extensive wardrobe of hats, but I really want them to be wearable -- I'm not so much into the vintage for the sake of being vintage concept. And one of my goals this year is to wear them. Really wear them. This gem is a black velour felt cloche with cute little unaffiliated crest -- which I like. Nary an RL, TH, etc to be found. Love the velour "feather" element too.



Paired with my kilt, acorn bracelet (signifying my love of the City of Oaks), a fab muted green silk square and a cream coat --



Red lips and of course the much-discussed manicure -- and voilĂ ! Ready for a day of Michigan Avenue hustle and bustle!

And after a day of dodging shoppers, lunching, visiting, and a final cappuccino, out into the cold night to find this --


The Christmas tree at the Hancock Center.

3 comments:

M.Lane said...

What a great post! I love the idea of the colors we surround ourselves with making us joyful. And that Christmas tree is magnificent. I have never been to Chicago during the Holidays but I would love to visit some year.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Stu Shea said...

great hat and outfit...and always a pleasure to see you this past weekend.

EsseQuamVideri said...

Thanks M.Lane -- you always seem to get what I'm saying!

Stu -- great seeing you too!! Thanks!