Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Moon Glitter



This is one of the most beautiful things that I own. It's a photographic postcard, postmarked November 1907, and printed in England. You can make out the flags on the tugboat as they flutter. The moonlight does really seem to glitter across its surface -- the person who named this was a genius.



The handwriting is a little difficult to read, but here goes:

A Happy Thanksgiving!

Can you make me two more chairs, our green & white dud the other blue. ??

They are for Christmas.

Xxxxxxx?,

H.L. Pouke

:::::

If you can read it, please let me know what you think it says!

2 comments:

InspiredDreamer said...

p'raps saying "hastely" as in "dude, I need those chairs like yesterday!"
:)

M.Lane said...

Really lovely. I love old postcards. I think you read it correctly.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com